After a successful trial run this summer, the Vanguard Coffee Shop is official. My dream is that one day it will be a free-standing store serving the public and run by Vanguard students and alumni! We are starting small and laying the ground work for our dream to come true.
We serve a freshly roasted and ground fair trade, organic coffee from Bolivia. Most days, you will have coffee roasted and ground within the past week by Addison Coffee Roasters.
When you buy coffee from our coffee shop, you help our students:
- learn and practice customer service skills
- count money and make change
- follow a sequence of steps to make coffee
- learn proper cleaning techniques
- acquire basic job skills needed in the real world
- AND most of all, you make them REALLY HAPPY!
Can Starbucks do that for you? Coffee is $1.00 for a small and $1.50 for a large. Bring your own cup for a discount.
Look for us soon in the morning carpool line!