Let’s discover if Vanguard is the school for your child.
Vanguard Preparatory School was founded in 1993 by Rosalind Funderburgh to address the needs of students experiencing academic, social and emotional difficulties. What began as a small program has become one of the area’s leading private therapeutic schools.
At Vanguard, we recognize that all students have unique potential and can achieve when given relevant learning tasks in an atmosphere where appropriate behaviors are practiced daily. Our students receive a rigorous academic program that is delivered within a highly structured, predictable and nurturing environment.
Our goal is to provide each student with the support to be a happy, productive and successful person. We accomplish this through a holistic and therapeutic educational approach with the following focus:
- Actively teaching social skills necessary for productive relationships
- Providing regular group therapy
- Developing coping skills
- Teaching problem solving
- Setting consistent limits
- Clearly communicating expectations clearly
- Rewarding conscientious hard work and effort
- Building character, personal responsibility, and accountability
- Teaching conflict resolution
- Encouraging self-discipline and responsibility for personal growth
- Valuing attitude over aptitude
Vanguard Preparatory School is committed to educating students experiencing social, emotional and/or academic delays. Our mission is to provide developmentally appropriate, individualized, academic programs within a therapeutic milieu.
Vanguard Preparatory School
4240 Sigma Road Dallas, TX 75244
(phone) (972) 404-1616
(fax) (972) 404-1641
(email) [email protected]
Accredited By Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools | TEA Approved | Copyright @ 2018 Vanguard Preparatory School | All Rights Reserved