Vanguard Returns to In-Person Learning After a Safe Summer Session on Campus
Because Vanguard believes that in-person learning is the best scenario for the majority of our students and families, we have returned to an in-person learning option. We are adhering to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Texas Education Agency safety guidelines.
To ensure a safe environment, Vanguard has diligently trained staff and held everyone accountable. We have structured the school into zones to limit contact, set up disinfecting stations at all entrances, and implemented temperature checks prior to students getting out of their cars. Parents are asked to do daily symptom screenings for their children. We now require all staff to wear masks and encourage students to do so as well.
Vanguard is blessed to have advantages that many other public and private schools do not with regard to COVID-19. These include:
- 10 students or less in a classroom
- 1:5 teacher/student ratio in Lower School
- 1:10 teacher/student ratio in Middle and High Schools
- Maximum of 120 students on campus
- Designated school areas (Lower, Middle, and High Schools)
- Large classrooms
- Many exterior doors that allow for social distancing when entering/exiting the building and changing classes
- Bathrooms and water in each of the school areas to avoid cross-contamination
- A team of seven mental health personnel available to provide social and emotional support
At this point, 90% of our student population has returned for in-person learning and 10% have opted to continue at-home learning. Please contact us to see if Vanguard is the right fit for your student!
Vanguard Preparatory School
4240 Sigma Road Dallas, TX 75244 | phone: 972.404.1616 | fax: 972.404.1641 | email: email@example.com
Accredited By Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - AdvancED | TEA Approved
Content Copyright 2020 - Vanguard Preparatory School | All Rights Reserved